Monday 4 July 2016

Selling All

Here is what wrote to my notes, not literally a diary for your information by the way.

I said..

Lord, I woke up this this morning with a pair hardly sleepy eyes. I never thought I would be get “into” such a community and stuff. I call them “great people”. And they all are. I mean it. But here is what that came up to my mind while I was sitting in the same “Sunday School” room with them.. that at least, they have seen the outcome of what they are doing. I mean, look at them! They can do great things. Yes, they’ve got their “names” in “marketplace”. And what is mine? I haven’t seen anything yet related to my name. Yes, I really grateful for having experience in social media life even when I was in junior high school. Had get along with people around the world because of ONE MIGHTY NAME of YOURS. Geez! That's why I never stop stand in awe of You. You are awesome, Lord.

But I do realize and keep believing that everything works for my good in its time. And all the good and perfect things come from above.

One thing I learned. Being into a community and participate in everything of its projects are amazing. You have the same vision. Especially when you are in the community that have a heart to love God and want offer everything they could for this generation. 

Same like when we sell all to follow Christ, we let go of our dreams and self sourced aspirations so that we can be joined to Christ and our brethren. Importantly, for some people, ‘selling all’ is not just letting go of the pursuit of worldly wealth. It can also mean letting go of past hurts and unfulfilled expectations of life that prevent us from being yoked to Christ and joined to others in the body of Christ. 

All of us will experience situations that require us to choose what we treasure most. We will be caused to consider how much we love the blessing of God’s life, and must answer the questions, ‘What is it worth to me? What other treasures, aspirations, expectations, hurts, disappointments, do I need to let go of, or sell, to have eternal life?’ This crisis does not need to be a difficult one, but we still have to count the cost of following Christ. We can be encouraged that the grace of God is available to us in each season of decision.

Christ is the way, the truth and the life, in relation to each crisis that we will experience as a son of God. Specifically, He has invited us to a fellowship with Him, which is a baptismal service, a Passover meal, and a prayer meeting. These aspects of our fellowship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in Christ, will have specific and daily implications for the way that we live and walk each day as a son of God. Baptism, communion, and praying in the Holy Spirit, join us to a process through which we are delivered from our ‘other law’, die to living for ourselves, and follow Christ on the narrow and difficult way that leads to eternal life. By this means, we are able to become all that God predestined us to be when He desired to make us in His IMAGE and after His LIKENESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment