Wednesday 18 November 2015

Regular Time with Our Heavenly and Loving Dad

Today's devotion plan reminds me, when I was in the car with my family. We were all going to visit our grandfather's house. I remember, I was over-thinking at the time. Thinking about anything that I should not have to. Apart of being overwhelmed for having a tough semester with tons of papers and summaries - well, you know, that "tons" was just a metaphor. I was pushed myself profound in digging all the rapture thing, meanwhile I was too afraid whether my whole family could be saved or not - which is not my business at all, like who rules whom? We're just a broken vessel and God is our Master. That's why I mentioned that should not have to be thinking of. I do not know this is fact or not, but I bet people out there also believe that "the time is running out" is true. But that's not a thing that I talk about.
 When we had to stop because of the traffic light, I felt something that He was about to speak to me. He called me and touched my head saying:

"Love, you are too over-thinking. You need a rest. Enjoy every moment with your family. Embrace the day 'coz what I am looking for, it’s quite simple: Do what is just, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don’t take yourself too seriously.."

The best part of Him saying is:

 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and Work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” 

Same as what it's written in Matthew 11. You can read it on the Message version, anyway.

And what I am going to write in the rest is an afterthought from Durwood Snead, North Point Ministries. I liked when he brought a parable that sometimes, we feel like we're on a treadmill, running to the next meeting, the next event, the next goal. Life can seem so busy that we wonder if we're doing the right things. Worries and anxieties build with the pressure, and the things we can truly affect get buried in the things over which we have no power. At times like this, we feel we just need some clarity. How should we spend this precious, limited time that God allots to us? More importantly, how does He want us to spend each moment?
Jesus had just finished a very busy day in Capernaum, preaching, healing, and casting out demons. The demands grew as the day progressed. As the stories of His miracles spread, the entire city gathered at his door. Jesus’ work continued until well after dark, and He must have collapsed into bed at the end of an exhausting day. The crowd gathered quickly again the next morning, as people brought their sick family and friends to Jesus’ healing hands . . . but Jesus was nowhere to be found. His disciples looked everywhere for Him and when they finally found Him, they asked the Son of God, “Where have you been? Don’t you know everyone is waiting for you?”
Jesus’ response to the pressing needs, hurting souls, and sick bodies was completely unexpected: “Let us go somewhere else.” What? Go somewhere else? What is He thinking?
Jesus had risen before dawn and gone away to a secluded place to pray and seek the will of the Father. He poured out His heart to His Dad and asked for wisdom; the answer He received in return was, “You are finished here for now. It’s time to go somewhere else.” 
At the end, we are all busy people doing important stuff. Sunday is coming, there’s a lot to do, and souls are at stake. There is family to care for, volunteer ministry to engage, and there never seems to be enough time. In all of our strategizing, planning, “doing less for more,” “making sure we have steps and not just programs,” and all of the other best practices that guide us, let us not neglect the one thing that brings clarity to everything else: regular time with our heavenly Father. (*Credit to Mr. Snead, from North Point Ministries).

No comments:

Post a Comment